New opportunities to work within the game, both at the RFL or with our partners, will be advertised below. If you have the skills or experience that you think are relevant to London Rugby League, please feel free to get in touch with us even if you do not see a current vacancy listed here today.
The RFL is an Investor in People and welcomes applications from all sections of the community; we appoint on merit, working towards equality and diversity throughout the sport. If you are an applicant with a disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you.
We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats. Please address all correspondence to:
RFL Regional Manager London, East & South East Rugby League Office, London South Bank University 90 London Road London SE1 6LN
If you interested in opportunities to work at the RFL nationally, please go to the RFL website: http://www.therfl.co.uk/careers_at_the_rfl
Education Officer -Maternity Cover
Fixed Term 8 month contract to cover Maternity Leave
LONDON BASED SALARY £19,035-£21,150 p.a.
+ £3k London weighting, company car, phone and laptop
An exciting opportunity has arisen at The RFL the national governing body for Rugby Football League. We seek to appoint an Education Officer based at our offices in London.
You’ll act to increase regular participation in all areas of the community game through developing and managing plans for Rugby League in the education sector.
Manage the development of the competition and representative opportunities for Rugby League in the education sector.
Manage the development of projects and resources to be delivered through the education sector.
In order to be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge and experience of equality issues within sport.
- Experience of establishing, building and maintaining effective relationships with external groups, organisations and/or individuals.
- Proven experience of project management and of prioritising work effectively in order to achieve short, medium and long term objectives.
- Knowledge and experience of sport development and the structure surrounding it.
- Proven knowledge and experience of the education sector.
- Proven experience of securing third party funding.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working at this level.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of a level 3/4 sports related qualification or relevant job related experience.
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A full, valid driving licence.
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary, a 35 hour week, 23 days holiday, stakeholder pension scheme, health insurance and a chance to be part of this exciting and growing business.
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
To find out more about us or to apply online please visit our website at www.rfl.uk.com or call Reception on 0844 477 7113 (Option 2) and ask for Lyndsey Spencer or Hayley Waterworth with any enquiries
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 10th June 2013
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.